- Diploma of Secondary Education of the French and German community
- International baccalaureate issued by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva
- European baccalaureate issued by an European school
- A study certificate outside the Flemish community with exception of the Dutch diploma "VWO" or a propaedeutic diploma ("propedeuse") from the Netherlands
(*) Students who have a Dutch "VWO" or a propaedeutic diploma ("propedeuse") from the Netherlands can pre-register and bring their Original diploma when enrolling.
The full and complete application must be submitted before
- 1 May for non-EEA citizens
- 1 September for EEA citizens
However, it cannot be guaranteed that applications which are submitted after 15 August will be processed before the start of the academic year.
Exchange students must meet the following requirements:
- they must be registered with the home institution with study contract
- they must have obtained at least 60 ECTS credits at the home institution
- they must be nominated as an exchange student by the home institution
Exchange students who wish to follow programme components must take at least 18 ECTS credits per semester and attend Hasselt University for at least one complete education and examination period. In addition, they must meet the admission requirements of the chosen programme component.
All exchange students who come to follow programme components must be nominated by their home institution, which must inform the international office (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Hasselt University by 15 May (for the first semester or the full academic year) or 15 October (for the second semester). Furthermore, a formal agreement with the home institution concerning student exchanges must be in place.
Exchange students who visit for an internship or research project must be nominated by their home institution no less than one month before their arrival.
Subsequently, nominated students must register online via the pre-registration form. In case you want to follow programme components, the pre-registration deadline is:
- 15 July for the first semester (or for a full academic year).
- 1 December for the second semester
If you are coming for an internship or research project, you must have completed your online pre-registration no less than two weeks before your arrival.
You will receive an invitation letter as soon as your pre-registration is completed. This letter is needed for other formalities such as a visa application (if applicable).