The Flemish government awards seed funding for bachelor's and / or master's programmes which are offered in collaboration with one or more foreign institutions from the EEA and beyond, providing student mobility and, possibly, teacher mobility too. The maximum amount of this funding is €5,000 per year per joint programme and can be extended by three years. Three new programmes are accepted per year, for a maximum of three years each.
Conditions and criteria
- This funding programme is open to new joint programmes (which have not yet passed the new programme test), but also to existing Flemish programmes which are being reshaped into international joint programmes.
- Joint programmes must lead to joint degrees or double degrees.
- The programme is not limited to any certain discipline. All fields of study can apply.
- This funding can be used to cover operational costs for the preparation and execution of the joint programme, and for reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs of staff.
- However, budgets cannot be used for granting scholarships to students, nor to finance student mobility.
- The joint programmes are offered by one or more Flemish higher education institutions and one or more foreign higher education institutions, and include mandatory attendance of each student at at least two of the participating institutions, in two different countries. Students involved must have followed and obtained at least 20 ECTS credits in the other institution(s) in the case of a programme with a study load of 60 ECTS credits, and at least 27 ECTS credits in other cases.
Do not hesitate to contact Liesbeth Oeyen from the International Office if you have any further questions.