The first ILTER (Long-Term Ecosystem Research) OSM (Open Sience Meeting) will take place in the Kruger National Park in South Africa from Sunday 9 October to Thursday 13 October 2016. The conference will be hosted by the National Research Foundation, (NRF), the Department of Science and Tecnology (DST) and the South African Environmental Observation Network (SAEON). The ILTER OSM will include a full range of academic sessions, plenary lectures, social events and field trips within the Kruger National Park.
The OSM themes are:
- Nitrogen impacts on ecosystems structures and functioning
- Carbon and water cycles under climate change
- Towards sustainable usage of ecosystem services (local, regional & global)
- Drivers of biodiversity across scales
- Data integration and interoperability enabling global scale ecosystem research and linking with environmental monitoring
- Linking local, regional and global Earth system observations and models.