Collaboration with the Institute for Sustainable Transportation and Logistics at the University at Buffalo Mar 31, 2015
prof. dr. ir. Ansar YASAR
IMOB-UHasselt recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Institute for Sustainable Transportation and Logistics (ISTL) at the University at Buffalo (UB) to promote collaboration between the two institutes in areas related to transportation research and education.
The purpose of the collaboration is to explore the possibility of:
(1) Faculty exchange in master's & PhD program using a virtual environment through which teaching could be possible. The prospect of physical exchange could be further explored based on the availability of resources and time.
(2) Student exchange in selected master's & PhD programs. Each university will evaluate the curriculum of the other and propose a smooth exchange mechanism to facilitate credit transfer.
(3) Value Addition Short Courses; Two - three days short (virtual and/or physical) courses may also be arranged on variety of topics within Transportation field and faculty members of both institutes may organize/share/teach some sessions.
(4) Cooperation between the respective Ph.D. programs of the partner universities through which joint research and possible joint supervision might be explored.
(5) Joint Research in Specific areas of Transportation Sciences & Engineering
- IMOB & UB have a Driving Simulator instrument, using these simulators to test some specific road accidents scenarios or enhancement of these simulators.
- Research topics within public mass transportation will also be envisaged with the combined efforts.
- Transport behavioral modeling; traffic congestion modeling, GIS based route planning and activity-based transport modeling.
- Big Data Applications in Transportation