Master’s project and thesis van be done at:
- Hasselt University: Institute for Materials Research IMO and Biomedical Research Institute BIOMED;
- Maastricht University: Cardiovascular Research Institute CARIM, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute NUTRIM;
- Medtronic – Bakken Research Center, DSM, Maastricht Instruments BV (The Netherlands);
- Interuniversity Microelectronics Center IMEC, Leuven (Belgium);
- Aachen University of Applied Sciences and Research Center Jülich (Germany) ;
- University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern (Germany) ;
- Czech Technical University, Prague (Czech Republic) ;
- UNESCO International Center of Biodynamics, Bucharest (Romania) ;
 Students exchange in the framework of the ERASMUS programme of the European Union.
 Double-degree programme, allows obtaining an additional degree as Master of Science’ at the partner university.
Subjects available for master project and thesis:
- synthesis of smart materials like nanoparticles and biofunctional coatings based on polymers, synthetic diamond, and other biocompatible compounds;
- development of biosensors and sensor arrays for proteins, drugs, metabolites, and genetic material;
- surface analytics, spectroscopy, and molecular electronics;
- design of synthetic receptors such as aptameres and molecular imprints;
- electrophysiology, cytosensors, neurochips, and active implants.