When you enrol for a doctoral school activity, you are expected to be present. Many of the activities are in high demand, so we kindly ask you to inform us as soon as possible if you have to cancel your enrolment (by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Late cancellations or no-shows have at least four negative consequences:
- Other interested young researchers have no chance to participate.
- The cost per participant increases substantially.
- Food and materials are wasted.
- In case of too small groups, the quality of courses/workshops cannot be guaranteed (or they can even be cancelled).
The following rules apply:
- Cancellations made up to 1 week before the activity are allowed.
- No-shows and cancellations made later than 1 week (< 7 days) before the activity are NOT allowed, except in case of one of the following valid reasons:
- illness (to be documented by means of a doctor’s certificate*)
- unexpected personal emergency (also to be documented*)
- After a first late cancellation or no-show, you will receive a warning. An e-mail will be sent to both you and your promoter explaining that a next late cancellation or no-show will lead to a fee.
- After a second late cancellation or no-show, you will be charged with a fee of 250 euros.
- For courses including several sessions (spread out over several weeks), the above rules apply to each separate session. Thus, you can still cancel your participation in a specific session after the course has already started. However, if lacking a valid reason (as specified above), you will not receive a doctoral school certificate for your participation in the course.
*The documents should reach us within 10 working days after the activity. If not, the fee will still be charged. Please send the documents to the following address:
Research Coordination Office