7. New features 2016-2017
For those of you who have supervised a master thesis before, we kindly ask you to consider the following new procedures and/or deadlines:
- Please submit your research project before November 1st 2016.
- The Master Thesis Kick-off takes place on November 30, 2016 (1pm – 5pm)
- The new master thesis contract includes confidentiality, IP and insurance regulations. Contract negotiations (if necessary) can take place between our legal departments between December and April.
- Please ensure students can access your dataset by April 1, 2017.
- The actual project period takes place between May 5 and September 1, 2017. In most cases, students will defend their thesis in September but upon request and with approval of the supervisors, students can register for early defence sessions in June, for example to start a job in time. See ‘Timing’ for details and deadlines.
- As supervisor, we will ask you to submit an evaluation form by August 25, 2017 which will be treated as confidential among CenStat staff. This evaluation form replaces the previous ‘Continuation form’.