The preferred timing for most students is detailed below. However, if the project you would like to submit, requires a different timing, please indicate this on the project proposal form and we will discuss it further with you.
Regular timing for defence in September 2017
- Please submit your research project before November 1, 2016.
- You are invited to select a student at the master thesis kick-off day on November 30, 2016 (1pm– 5pm).
- CDA negotiations (if necessary) can take place between our legal departments between December and April.
- Please prepare your dataset for access by April 1, 2017.
- The actual project period takes place between May 5 and September 1, 2017. Please take into account that students will need access to the relevant dataset by May 5, to ensure finalizing the project on time. Of course it is also possible to start the internship earlier, in mutual agreement between company and student.
- As supervisor, we ask you to submit the evaluation form by August 25, 2017
- Students need to upload their thesis by August 28, 2017.
- Oral defences: September 4 and 5, 2017. Supervisors are welcome to join.
Timing for early defence sessions (June 30)
Some students might request an earlier defence on June 30, for example to start a job immediately after graduation. They can register for these earlier defence sessions only upon approval by the company supervisor, internal supervisor and the Master of Statistics Examination Board. The deadlines are:
- Students’ registration for early bird defence: 01/06/2017
- Supervisors’ evaluation form completed by 20/06/2017
- Students’ thesis upload by 23/06/2017.
- Thesis oral defences: 30/06/2017