This INCO 2017 "International Networking Conference on Transportation in the South" is focussed on reconnecting and setting up concrete action plans by identifying joint research interests, joint project opportunities and identifying potential funding channels. It has the objective to (re)connect with our ITP, KOI and Master of Transportation alumni from the South.
The 3-day event will kick-off with opening speeches and a poster session where all participants present a specific case, their field of research or work in general or specific challenges they face. This will allow the participants to get to know each other and to discover links and potential partners for joint projects. On the second and third day we will have interactive workshops to foster joint project development: a workshop on joint curriculum development and a workshop on joint proposal writing and funding channels. The workshops are alternated with focussed networking and brainstorm sessions between all participants, which will result in concrete action and plans to take cooperation forward after the networking conference.
VLIR UOS travel and accomodation grants for selected participants
A number of travel & accomodation grants to help attend the conference will be made available to a group of selected candidates. The VLIR UOS grants will amount to €1.000/per person. Any additional costs need to be covered by own means.
To apply for a €1.000 grant to help you attend this INCO 2017 - Transportation in the South, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- an up-to-date CV
- a motivation for attending the conference, including a description of specific Transportation topic(s) relevant to your home country, that you are working on in your day to day practice or are doing research on at this moment. Max. lenght of the motivation is 2 A4 pages.
The deadline for application for the travel and accomodation grant is 15 June 2017.
Eligbility criteria for the travel and accomodation grants
- Candidates are alumni of the KOI or ITP programme or of the Master of Transportation Sciences
- Academic level: masters degree in a relevant domain
- Professional expertise: the participants must have relevant experience in a research group, a higher education institute, an international organization, the public sector or an NGO. The relevant experience relates to developing and implement-ing policy in the context of road safety or research on related matters. Working in fields associated with the domain of road safety is required to ensure that the participants are familiar with the different topics and that they hold a position with the potential to make an impact. Participants will also actively contribute from their own knowledge and experience in the assignments and discussions, so they need to have a relevant back-ground.
- Nationality and country of residence, candidates have to be a national and resident of one of the below 31 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- Other: The minimum age for the participants is 24. In the selection of the participants we will strive for a balanced se-lection of female and male participants
|Tuesday 10 October 2017||Welcome & registration at conference Hotel|
|Wednesday 11 October 2017||INCO DAY 1|
|09:30 – 10:15||Opening speeches by IMOB & kick-off alumni in action network|
|10:15 – 11:30||Opening speech by INCO partners|
|11:30 – 12:30||Pitches by PhD students from the South|
|12:30 – 14:00||Networking lunch|
|14:00 – 16:30||Poster session & poster presentations|
|16:45 – 17:30||Optional: demo IMOB driving simulators|
|Thursday 12 October 2017||INCO DAY 2|
|10:00 – 12:30||Workshop on curriculum development|
|12:30 – 14:00||Networking lunch|
|14:00 – 15:45||Structured brainstorm session: Current issues Transportation in the South|
|16:15 – 17:30||Networking session based on brainstorm ideas|
|Friday 13 October 2017||INCO DAY 2|
|10:00 – 12:30||Workshop on proposal writing & funding channels|
|12:30 – 14:00||Lunch & closing speech|
|14:00 – 17:00||Social activity|