Bioelectronics and Nanotechnology
Subjects available for master project and thesis:
- development of smart materials like nanoparticles, biofunctional polymers, and synthetic diamond coatings;
- design and validation of biosensors for proteins, drugs, metabolites, and genetic material;
- surface analytics, spectroscopy, and molecular electronics;
- design and development of synthetic receptors like aptameres and molecular imprints;
- electrophysiology, cytosensors, neurochips, and sensor arrays;
- pacemakers, defibrillators, and implantable sensing devices.
Download HERE a pdf-file with a detailed description of selected topics, this list is not exhaustive.
Master project and thesis can be done at:
- Hasselt University: Institute for Materials Research IMO and Biomedical Research Institute BIOMED;
- Maastricht University: Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, and Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht NUTRIM;
- Hospital Ziekenhuis Oostlimburg ZOL, Genk (Belgium).
- Medtronic – Bakken Research Center, DSM, Maastricht Instruments BV (The Netherlands);
- Interuniversity Microelectronics Center IMEC, Leuven (Belgium);
- Aachen University of Applied Sciences and Research Center Jülich (Germany) ;
- Czech Technical University, Prague (Czech Republic) ;
- UNESCO International Center of Biodynamics, Bucharest (Romania) ;
- University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern (Germany) [1,2];
- Cranfield University (United Kingdom) .
 Students exchange in the framework of the ERASMUS & SOCRATES programs of the European Union.
 Double-degree program, allowing to obtain an additional degree as ‘Master of Science’ at the respective partner university.