The international master of Interior Architecture focuses on bachelors or masters in Architecture and/or Interior Architecture with a strong interest in adaptive reuse.
Hasselt University will assess students individually on the basis of their previous academic record and qualifications. General requirements imply diploma requirements and language requirements. The Examination Board of the programme evaluates each application individually with regard to the applicant’s academic record. Depending on previous qualifications, you may have to complete a preparatory or bridging programme.
- Holders of (at least) an academic bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture.
- Holders of a foreign degree that is equivalent to a Flemish degree in Interior Architecture and that has been awarded after at least 180 ECTS credits (or three years of full-time study) at a university or institute of higher education.
- Applicants holding a foreign academic bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture can apply but might have to complete a preparation programme that is tailored to their specific background before they can be admitted to the master's programme.
Admitted conditionally via a preparation or bridging programme:
- Applicants holding a Flemish academic bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture will have to complete a preparation programme which consists of 39 ECTS credits maximum.
- Holders of a non-academic bachelor degree in Interior Architecture will have to complete a preparation or bridging programme which consists of 48 ECTS credits maximum.
Click here for more information on the preparation or bridging programme.
Candidates have to demonstrate good command of English, both written and spoken. English language skills need to be confirmed, by a recent score on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) or any recognized proficiency test.
a TOEFL score report: paper-based: score 550 or more, computer-based: score 213 or more, internet-based: score 79-80
For detailed information on the TOEFL please visit www.toefl.org. On the test day you should select Hasselt University as the institution to which you want your scores to be sent to. The TOEFL-code for Hasselt University is 9005.
an IELTS certificate (overall band score 6.0)
For detailed information visit www.ielts.org. On the test day you should select Hasselt University as the institution to which you want your scores to be sent to and the name of the contact person of the programme you want inform.
The English language test can be waived if English language proficiency is proven otherwise (e.g. previous education or part of it was in English).