THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE ICP PROGRAMME HAS PASSED. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAMME AT THIS MOMENT. AS OF OCTOBER 2017 YOU WILL BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN 2018-2019.
"The need for well-trained (bio-)statisticians and bioinformatics continues to rise worlwide"
Since 1993 VLIR-UOS has offered International Course Programmes (ICP) scholarships for students from developing countries at Hasselt University. The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) offers 12 scholarships each year for our ICP Master’s programme Master of Statistics which is adapted to the specific needs and interests of statistics in developing countries.
The ICP Master of Statistics offers a 2-year international and multidisciplinary training in statistics. The Master combines a solid study of fundamental methodology such as linear and generalized linear models, Bayesian modeling and multivariate models, with up-to-date training in topics such as clinical trials, public health, longitudinal data, survival analysis, genetics, survey methodology… In addition, there is a high focus on applications in state-of-the-art statistical software packages. Possibilities to perform the Master thesis at universities and non-university actors in the South are offered. In total there are 3 possible International Course Programmes (ICP) specializations within our Master of Statistics:
- ICP – Biostatistics
- ICP – (Statistical) Bioinformatics
- ICP – Epidemiology and Public Health Methodology
Within each of these ICP Master’s programmes there are 3 specific south-oriented courses taught by teachers from our developing partner countries.
ICP scholarships are available for applicants from the following 31 eligible countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
More information on study programme and scholarships can be found on the following webpages:
- ICP study programme
- Scholarship eligibility criteria
- How do I apply?
- Practical information for approved VLIR-ICP scholars
- the VLIR-UOS website
If you still have questions, do get in touch !