Research Council's role
The Research Council is the advisory and decision-preparing body that oversees the optimal implementation of the university’s research policy and assignment . The Research Council advises the Board of Deans and the University Board on the following research-related matters:
- Providing advice about the organisation of scientific research at the univeristy.
- Making decisions about the allocation and distribution of resources from the university's operating funds, earmarked for research.
- Developing procedures and providing advice regarding the use of the special research funds.
- Taking positions on funding possibilities in connection with other external funding programmes.
- Monitoring and evaluating research activities.
- Monitoring the overall research strategy of the research institutes.
Composition of Research Council
The Research Council of Limburg University Association is composed of members of the various faculties. The Vice-Rector Research chairs the council, the Director Research Coordination is secretary.
- Principles of composition of the Research Council
- Composition of the Hasselt University Research Council
Research Council Office
The Research Council Office is responsible for preparing for meetings of the Research Council. The Research Office of the Limburg University and University Colleges Association is elected by and composed of the members of the Research Council. The Office consists of one representative from each faculty. The Vice-Rector for Research chairs the council, and the Director of Research is secretary.
- Principles of composition of the Research Council Office
- Composition of the Research Council Office