A master programme for practitioners with a unique international profile
In our master programme you have two options: study full-time at Hasselt University or combine your master studies with a job in our flexible distance learning programme.
The Master of Transportation Sciences by distance learning is specifically tailored to the needs of practitioners who want to earn a specialised qualification and broaden their knowledge and work experience in the rapidly changing transportation field. The programme has a pronounced international orientation. Students from all over the world join this programme and the exchange of experience and knowledge between the international student group brings added value to the course.
Made to measure for professionals who want to combine job and studies
The content and the degree of the programme are equal to the full-time programme, but the courses are organized in such a way that students are able to combine a job with their studies. The course material will be made available on an e-learning platform which enrolled students can access from home. The internship and master thesis can be carried out at your place of employment, so you will already benefit from your studies in practice while still earning your degree.
The distance learning programme can be completed at your own pace and for every course unit that you complete, a certificate can be requested. The full programme can be completed in 3 years, including the internship and the master thesis.
The Master of Transportation Sciences by distance learning is made-to-measure for professionals who want to gain more knowledge about various aspects of transportation:
- it is a multidisciplinary master programme, which will pay attention to economical, social, urban, environmental and infrastructural aspects;
- it takes sustainable development into account;
- it focuses on transport policy and planning, as well as on traffic safety in an international context;
- it is taught by internationally renowned professors from leading universities, specialized in traffic safety and transport policy and planning;
- the programme is organized by distance and can be completed at your own pace in combination with work and/or family life. The model study track takes about 3 years, including the internship and masters' thesis.
- experienced professionals from different fields and countries exchange information about transport and traffic safety problems, solutions and strategies;
- a full semester is dedicated to doing an internship. The internship can be carried out at your place of employment so you will already benefit from your studies in practice while still earning your degree.