International students

Incoming international students

International students

Logo UHasselt Universiteit Hasselt - Knowledge in action


Exchange students can come to Hasselt University to follow programme components, complete internships or conduct research projects. An overview of possible programmes for exchange students can be found here. Speak to your programme's internationalisation coordinator if you have any questions or if you would like more information.

In order to be allowed to follow programme components, there needs to be a bilateral agreement with your home institution, and you should consult and adhere to academic calendars. You do not need a bilateral agreement if you are coming for an internship or research project, in which case you can speak to your programme's internationalisation coordinator.

In order to be able to apply as an exchange student, your home institution needs to submit your application to the international office. You will then receive an email with further instructions concerning your online pre-registration (go to diploma requirements for more information).