Logo UHasselt


Life on campus

Living out and getting around

Life on campus

Logo UHasselt Universiteit Hasselt - Knowledge in action


The Student Facilities Office will help you if you come to campus by bicycle or public transport:

    All students receive a 50% contribution for a train pass (2nd class) and / or a Buzzy Pazz for 3 or 12 months if you need it to travel to our campus. 
    You can download the application form via your academic file > student services. You can send it to vervoer@uhasselt.be, together with a copy of your subscription.

  • BUS
    The Student Facilities Office sells campus passes of De Lijn for €20. They are for sale via your academic file > registration for. 
    They can be used for unlimited bus travel in the regions of Hasselt and Diepenbeek.
    Attention! You need to have a MOBIB-card to be able to buy the campuspas. You can buy a MOBIB-card at De Lijn for 5 euros. 

  • TAXI
    On Sunday evenings, a taxi will be available to take you from Hasselt station to your accommodation in Hasselt or Diepenbeek between 21:30 and 22:30. Tickets are for sale at the Student Facilities Office for €2,00.

    Bikes can be rented for €25 at VEDO after paying a €70 deposit. This price includes a maintenance contract, which includes 2 bike checks per year and the price of the repair of safety items. You can reserve a bike online via citybike.uhasselt.be. VEDO will repair your bicycle (whether it is rented of belongs to you) at a student discount rate. 

    You can find this bike rental and repair shop at the following location:

    Vedo, Agoralaan / building D, 3590 Diepenbeek
    VEDOfiets@uhasselt.be - +3211 28 86 60
    Mobile phone number: +32 472 04 12 80
    Rental and repairs
    Mon/Wed/Thur: 8h30 – 16h00 
    Tues: 8h30-17h00
    Fri: 8h30-12h00

Be sure to look at the rental agreement and the repair fees.

More information: studentenvoorzieningen@uhasselt.be– (+32)11 269 012

We can’t help you with:

  • Do you want to rent a student room and you have questions about that. Check out our website from the housing service
  • Do you have financial questions?  You can find more info about this at the website from our social service.