We cordially invite you to an interesting fluorescence microscopy workshop on September 5 to 7, 2018.
What you will learn?
- an intro to microscopy, including aberrations and artifacts in multicolor microscopy.
- an intro to methods that quantify molecular interactions, from simple co-localization analysis to the state of the art in super-resolution or whole-organism imaging.
- applications of the different methods to research questions from the life sciences
What will you practice?
- Different hands-on sessions on fluctuation spectroscopy (FCS, RICS, ICS), light sheet microscopy, super-resolution (PALM/STORM/SOFI/SIM), fluorescence lifetime & anisotropy imaging
- Advanced data analysis with different user-friendly packages for FLIM, FCS/RICS, SOFI, SIM analysis
The program is available here.
- Hasselt Doctoral School
- Leica Microsystems GmbH
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH
Local organizing committee
- Prof. Jelle Hendrix and co-workers
- Prof. Marcel Ameloot, Dr. Nick Smisdom and co-workers
- Hasselt University - Doctoral School for Medicine & Life Sciences
This workshop is organized back-to-back with the ‘Specialist Course on Light and Fluorescence Microscopy’, organized by Ghent University from the 3rd till the 5th (noon) of September in Ghent, and which covers all the basics of fluorescence microscopy in detail.
For further questions, please contact us at MicroscopyCourse@uhasselt.be
We are looking forward to meeting you at the NanoMacroImaging workshop!
On behalf of the organizing committee,
Prof. Marcel Ameloot, Prof. Jelle Hendrix and Dr Nick Smisdom
Advanced Optical Microscopy Centre
Biomedical Research Institute
Agoralaan C (BIOMED)