The topic of the current edition of PhDrinks, which will take place on December 4, 2020 is 'The added value of internationalisation during and after a PhD'.
After a short introduction on the added value of internationalisation in both an academic and non-academic context, the focus will be on the different ways of getting international experience throughout your PhD. On the basis of testimonies of PhD candidates/postdocs, you will get more insight into various topics related to an international research stay: added value, funding, practicalities, tips, possible difficulties,... . To conclude, practical information will be given regarding the different ways to finance your international mobility after which a networking reception will take place.
Added value of internationalisation from an academic viewpoint and related to future FWO applications
Added value of internationalisation from a non-academic viewpoint
Testimonies of PhD candidates/postdocs with international experience:
Practical information: how to finance your international mobility?
- UHasselt PhD candidates
- December 4, 2020 - 15:00-17:30
- talks & testimonies: campus Diepenbeek, building D, auditorium H3
- reception: campus Diepenbeek, building D, winter garden
- Registration will be possible from September, 14 until November, 13, 2020.
- Attending PhDrinks can not be acknowledged in fulfilment of the doctoral school requirements. For this edition, an exception is made for the PhD candidates of the DS ST. For them, one of the requirements with a (+) is 'Follow an infosession about (funding) possibilities to perform research abroad'. This edition of PhDrinks can be acknowledged in fulfilment of that specific requirement.