IMPORTANT: Start this procedure at least five weeks before you have to send your final thesis to the jury members!
1. The font for the thesis is Verdana 9pt. More information about the layout can be found at ‘Tekstblok-format’
2. Fifteen working days before printing of the thesis, you must deliver the ‘Koninklijke Bibliotheek Albert I’ ('Albert I Royal Library') document to Patrick Carmans. You will be assigned a unique depisition number that you will tater have to enter in the document 'gegevens doctoraat' ('doctorate information') (see point 3 below). Patrick Carmans will keep three copies of your doctoral thesis. One of these will be delivered to the Hasselt University Library and two copies are provided to the Royal Library in Brussels (keep this in mind when determining the print run!)
3. For the cover, inside page, invitation and announcement of your doctorate, you must fill in the application form correctly and send it to email@example.com (subject: Aanvraagformulier COVER doctoraatsthesis). Please do this at least ten working days before you want the proof of the thesis to be printed.
Exclusively for doctorates in the Audiovisual and Visual Arts and Architecture, a photograph or a drawing may be inserted on the cover. The layout office can provide you with more information about this.
4. Printing the thesis: The thesis should always be printed recto-verso. Please ensure that all chapters begin on odd pages. We only add the title page to the document. The rest of the pagination and layout is your responsibility.
Proof: You can request a proof at least eight working days before you have to send your final thesis to the jury members. More information about printing your proof can be found under ‘How can I print my thesis?’ If the upload takes place in the morning (before 10 am), you can collect the proof the next day at XOD. Both cover and contents will be delivered loose-leaf. If no changes have to be made to the thesis, you can inform Patrick Carmans by email, mentioning how many copies of the final thesis you want to print.
Final print: It takes five working days to print your final thesis, so please upload your final thesis into the system no later than five working days before you have to send your final thesis to the jury. It is advisable to perform a test beforehand, so that you do not have any last-minute surprises.
5. The inner material of your doctorate: black and white, or colour?
Following 3 color options are possible :
- Print in “Black and White”
- Print in “Full Color” (The entire content is printed in full color, which results in a much more expensive final price).
- Print in “Mixed”Here you should specify the "PDF pages" (*) to be printed in full color.
Example: "21.22.31-38.50"(= Print pages in color are "21", "22", from "31 t.e.m 38" and finally "50".
(*) “Pdf-Page number” is the number from the current page in in the ‘page navigation window’ and not the self-created pages on the document pages!
For Your Information: The page numbers on the document pages don’t always match the page numbers displayed below the page thumbnails and on the “page navigation” toolbar. Because certain PDF’s contain front pages, such as a table of contents, it’s possible that the numbers of the pages don’t match with the numbering on the “page navigation” toolbar.
For example: “A3 on 81,82,83”
Example page navigation toolbar:
Prices per unit: Price A4 Recto
- black-white = € 0.0407
- fullcolor = € 0.1537
How can I print my thesis (both proof and final print)?
The procedure for printing PhD theses is being revised momentarily. Soon the new procedure will be made available. Should you wish to proceed printing your PhD thesis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.