Python is one of the dominant languages in the area of machine learning and AI.
This training will provide an introduction to machine learning methodology for data preparation and machine learning, as well as some machine learning algorithms.
Subjects and Python modules that will be covered:
- what is machine learning, and what is AI?
- pipelines for data ingestion, training and testing: scikit-learn
- examples of classic algorithms: scikit-learn
- principal component analysis
- Ridge regression
- Naive Bayes classifier
- k-means clustering
- examples of (deep) neural networks: Keras
- multi-layer perceptron for image classification
- convolutional neural network for image classification
- recurrent neural networks for sentiment analysis
experience in Python programming, visualization
Geert Jan Bex is currently working as an HPC analyst/consultant at Hasselt University/KU Leuven. In that role he helps researchers and customers run computational workloads efficiently on the infrastructure of the Vlaams Supercomputing Centrum. He spends a lot of time developing and conducting training sessions.
In the 90s Geert Jan did research on neural networks, and more recently on formal languages and data transformations.
During a couple of years he also worked in a company’s R&D department developing decision support software for comparing trademarks.
To be planned
Campus Diepenbeek - Gebouw D
- 300€ excl. TVA
- 150€ excl. TVA for UHasselt Staff and students
The use of 'KMO-Portefeuille' is possible. Our registration number is DV.O215745
If you are interested in attending the Python for machine learning course, please fill in our interest form without obligation.
We will inform you as soon as there are enough participants to continue the course.