Doing a PhD is hard work. Serious business. No arguing about that.
But everyone occasionally needs to relax. Also, it's good to know who's in the same boat as you, in order to get some social support in times of stress.
The doctoral schools of UHasselt are here to help you. Yes, we already offer you lots of interesting courses and workshops, but we want to do more. Why not treat you to some drinks?
Starting from academic year 2014-2015, there are two editions of ‘PhDrinks’ each year. 'PhDrinks' is meant to be a social event with an informative touch, organized on Friday afternoons. In a first part, you are provided with some useful information (food for the mind), after which a reception is organized during which you can socialize and get to know each other (food for the soul).
- What? interactive business theatre 'Not like that, like this... Better networking' + reception
- For whom? all UHasselt PhD students
- When? September 14, 2018
- At what time? 16:00
- Where? campus Diepenbeek, building D, room B5 + wintertuin
Register here before September 1, 2018.
Please register only if you really intend to participate.
- November 21, 2014 - launch of the project
- April 24, 2015 - workshop 'Selling myself during a job interview'
- October 23, 2015 - testimonies with respect to international and intersectoral mobility
- April 15, 2016 - workshop on networking through social media
- December 16, 2016 - interactive lecture 'Your awesome research, explained clearly'
- April 21, 2017 - interactive lecture 'Pleasure at work'
- May 18, 2018 - interactive lecture 'How to stay sane during your PhD'