Data Sim takes a pro-active approach and explicitly acknowledges data privacy as the main ethical issue.
1. Privacy is part of the project’s scientific core and addressed in an own work package WP1.
2. The collection and handling of all data is done according to the national legislation and recommendations, within the framework of:
- EU charter of fundamental rights
- EU directives on the protection of privacy 95/46/EC
- EU directives on the protection of privacy 2002/58/EC and amending acts
3. Steps taken to guarantee conformance to established data protection guidelines are documented.