During this 3 hour Effective writing session doctoral and postdoctoral researchers will receive tips for professional scientific writing in the biomedical sciences.
You will learn how to organize and write the core sections of research papers and articles (i.e. title, abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion and references), and you will discover the power of figures to visualize results. The focus is on structure and on the concept of writing a paper as story-telling and not just information dispersal.
On top, some time is taken to explain how to write a cover letter, how to review an article and how to write a point-by-point response to the reviewers.
The useful and concrete tricks learned in this Effective Writing session will aid you at any time you have to write a scientific article!
This session will be given by Adrian Liston, Group Leader VIB Center for Brain and Disease Research, KU Leuven.
- PhD students and postdoctoral researchers of the DS M&LS.
- The course will take place on Wednesday September 20, 2017, between 13:00 – 16:00.
- UHasselt – campus Diepenbeek, building D, room B102.
- Registration is closed.
- Please register only if you really plan to participate.
- DS M&LS - category scientific skills: half of a compulsory elective technical/methods courses