To stimulate your entrepreneurial mind-set and to get you in contact with entrepreneurs the Doctoral Schools for Medicine & Life Sciences of the 5 Flemish universities will organize the symposium ‘The scientist as entrepreneur ’.
Nine entrepreneurs with a scientific background will describe their way from scientist to business (wo)man.
They will describe their career path, which good and bad decisions they have made, how it is to found a company (or several) and to be an entrepreneur.
- Luk Cox - Somersault18:24
- Deborah Dumont - Bioqube Ventures
- Lars Grieten – Fibricheck
- Bart Laenen - LC patents
- Wilfried Langenaeker - Silicos NV
- Kristof Mertens - Porphyrio
- Kris Motmans - Laboratoria Smeets and MonaCell
- Astrid Nörenberg - upcyte technologies GmbH
- Wim Van Hecke - Icometrix
The programme is available here.
- September 11, 2017, start at 10 am
- Hasselt University, Campus Hasselt, auditorium Louis Roppe, Martelarenlaan 42, 3500 Hasselt
- More information about how to reach the campus is available here.
- Registration is for free but obligatory.
- UHasselt participants: Registration is closed.
- Non UHasselt participants: Registration is closed.