How to conduct a Systematic Review?
Part II of the Systematic Review course focuses on practical aspects related to the conduct of (Cochrane) systematic reviews. It follows part I of this course ('The writing of the protocol').
Using both plenary and practical sessions, participants learn how to perform a (Cochrane) systematic review, starting with doing the searches. They get hands-on training with the software for preparing and maintaining (Cochrane) reviews (Review Manager: http://tech.cochrane.org/revman/download).
This course is organized by CEBAM?
Health care professionals and researchers actively involved in performing a Cochrane Systematic Review. Ideally, participants have already finished their protocol. This course is also open to authors of non-Cochrane systematic reviews.
Aim / Content
This course aims to provide knowledge so reviewers are able to perform and finalize a Cochrane Systematic Review. It covers all steps of such a review:
- Searching and selecting studies;
- Critical appraisal;
- Data extraction;
- Data-analysis, including pooling data, how to handle and interpret heterogeneity, publication bias;
- Use of RevMan Software
Participants are required:
- To have finished the protocol of their Cochrane Systematic Review;
- To have basic knowledge of systematic reviews (for example by participation in part I of this course 'How to write a protocol');
- To have basic knowledge of the Review Manager software (for example, entering text for the protocol and importing and linking references)
Participants with a laptop are requested to install the RevMan software (http://tech.cochrane.org/revman) and bring their laptop to the course.
The course consists of plenary sessions and workshops. Participants get hands-on experience with all review-steps. During the workshops use will be made from the RevMan software. There is ample time to discuss individual problems of ongoing Cochrane review projects with the teachers.
This course is taught in English.
Wednesday March 2nd and Thursday March 3d 2016 (2 days, 9h - 16h30)
O&N2, Gasthuisberg, 3000 Leuven
- Registration is obligatory here before February 2.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.