According to the minimal requirements of the DS S&T you need to follow one information session about Literature searching skills. This information session is eligible for this minimal requirement of the DS S&T.
As a beginning doctoral student, it is not always easy to find your way through the abundance of scientific information. During this introductory course (1 hour) we want to teach you some practical trics and useful tools to effectively search, manage and use scientific information.
The following questions and topics will be dealt with:
- Which tools are available within Hasselt University to help you in your search for scientific information?
- How to access scientific information off campus (through VPN or EZproxy)?
- Which options do you have when Hasselt University has no access to the wanted information?
- How to manage references with bibliographic software (e.g. Mendeley)?
- Things you should know about the Document Server (cf. UHasselt institutional repository).
- The session is open to all PhD students but the target group is starting PhD students.
- The session will take place on November 27, between 11:00 – 12:00.
- UHasselt - campus Diepenbeek, building D, room B17.
- Register here until November 5, 2017.
- DS ST: category Scientific & Generic communication - an info session about Literature Searching skills