- Classes will take place on a weekly basis between September and March. Weekly classes are divided in a morning session (08:30am – 12:30pm) and an afternoon session (01:30pm – 05:30pm).
- Two full-time workshop weeks are included: the first one (abroad) in the middle of Module A (early November); the second at the start of Module B (early February).
- The eight-week internship abroad will be planned within the months May – June – July – August.
- Final evaluation, closing down and dissemination (presentation and exhibition) will be done early September.
- Download the detailed schedule 2018-2019 > Dates, topics and locations are subject to change.
For the full postgraduate certificate (40 ECTS) the registration fee is 3500 EUR (excl. VAT):
- Fixed component: 1250 EUR (excl. VAT)
- Variable component: 2250 EUR (excl. VAT)
A limited number of scholarships for (a part of) the variable component of the registration fee is available, based on your financial situation and portfolio. There is no scholarship for the fixed component, course & design materials, catering, travel and accommodation costs. For more information on the availability and conditions for the scholarship, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee needs to be paid before the start of the programme.
Course and design materials are not included in the registration fee.
Catering costs during the sessions, travel and accommodation costs for the prospection week in Module A and the internship abroad of 8 weeks in Module B are not included in the registration fee. For these costs, participants need to take into account an (indicative) expense of 500 EUR (excl. VAT) for Module A and 1000 EUR (excl. VAT) for Module B (travel, basic accommodation, meals).
For this postgraduate certificate, financial support by means of the Flemish ‘KMO-portefeuille’ can be obtained (only for Flemish SMEs).
There are only a few places left for the postgraduate certifcate Building beyond Borders. Candidates are asked to register before August 15th. After that date, applicants should contact us first to discuss the availability of places before submitting an application.
Classes will take place at:
- the faculty of Architecture and Arts of Hasselt University
(Agoralaan Building E, 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium)
- the open air museum of Bokrijk
(Bokrijklaan 1, 3600 Genk, Belgium)
The study load per ECTS is 27 hours, meaning that the programme has a study load of 1080 hours (27 x 40 ECTS). The programme consists of weekly class sessions and workshop weeks, both with required attendance. In addition, an important part of the postgraduate is spent on self-study on predefined topics framed within specific assignments, a research paper (actual work and consulting promotors), and the dissemination of outcomes after the internship. Occasional excursions may be organized. The timing of these excursions is fixed in dialogue.
Participants who succeeded the entire programme are awarded an official postgraduate certificate ‘Building Beyond Borders’.
In case the participant does not hold a master degree, a certificate permanent education ‘Building Beyond Borders’ is awarded.
Please contact us for further information: email@example.com.
- Dr. Arch. Bart Janssens
- Dr. Ir. Elke Knapen
- Arch. Nicolas Coeckelberghs
- Stefanie Commeene