- Classes will take place on a weekly basis between September and March. A detailed schedule will follow soon. Weekly classes are divided in a morning session (08:30am – 12:30pm) and an afternoon session (01:30pm – 05:30pm).
- Two full-time workshop weeks are included: the first one (abroad) in the middle of Module A (early November); the second at the start of Module B (early February).
- The eight-week internship abroad will be planned within the months May – June – July – August.
- Final evaluation, closing down and dissemination (presentation and exhibition) will be done early September.
For the full postgraduate certificate (40 ECTS) the registration fee is:
- for Belgian participants graduated in academic year 2017-2018: 1750 EUR (excl. VAT)
- for Belgian participants graduated before academic year 2017-2018: 3500 EUR (excl. VAT)
- for international participants: please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Catering costs during the sessions, travel and accommodation costs for the prospection week in Module A and the internship abroad of 8 weeks in Module B are not included in the registration fee. For these costs, participants need to take into account an (indicative) expense of 500 EUR (excl. VAT) for Module A and 1000 EUR (excl. VAT) for Module B (travel, basic accommodation, meals).
For this postgraduate certificate, financial support by means of the Flemish ‘KMO-portefeuille’ can be obtained.
Classes will take place at:
- the faculty of Architecture and Arts of Hasselt University
(Agoralaan Building E, 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium)
- the open air museum of Bokrijk
(Bokrijklaan 1, 3600 Genk, Belgium)
The study load per ECTS is 27 hours, meaning that the programme has a study load of 1080 hours (27 x 40 ECTS). The programme consists of weekly class sessions and workshop weeks, both with required attendance. In addition, an important part of the postgraduate is spent on self-study on predefined topics framed within specific assignments, a research paper (actual work and consulting promotors), and the dissemination of outcomes after the internship. Occasional excursions may be organized. The timing of these excursions is fixed in dialogue.
Participants who succeeded the entire programme are awarded an official postgraduate certificate ‘Building Beyond Borders’.
In case the participant does not hold a master degree, a certificate permanent education ‘Building Beyond Borders’ is awarded.
Want to know more about the brand new postgraduate certificate Building Beyond Borders? Meet us at the info fair on Saturday April 21, 2018 between 10:00 am - 4:00 pm at Hasselt University (Diepenbeek Campus - Building E).
You can see our campus and meet some of the staff members. We will answer all your questions regarding Building Beyond Borders.
Registration for this fair is for free, but you have to register online.
Please contact us for further information: email@example.com.
- Dr. Arch. Bart Janssens
- Dr. Ir. Elke Knapen
- Arch. Nicolas Coeckelberghs