- Classes will take place on a weekly basis between September and April. Weekly, 2 full days of 8 hours are divided in a morning session (08:30am – 12:30pm) and an afternoon session (01:30pm – 05:30pm).
- 4 full-time workshop weeks are included.
- The four-week internship abroad will be planned within the months May – June – July – August.
- Final evaluation, closing down and dissemination (presentation and exhibition) will be done early September
- Detailed schedule 2020-2021 > To be announced/uploaded
Application and entry requirements
Each application is assessed on a case by case basis, which includes the candidate’s diploma, CV, portfolio, and personal motivation (all in English). In case of doubt, the performance on an interview is decisive on the applicant’s suitability.
Commonly accepted degrees are shown below. The list is not exhaustive and candidates are encouraged to contact us for advice about the suitability of degrees, qualifications, performances and/or experiences. The programme is primarily accessible to candidates holding:
- a Belgian master or bachelor degree in disciplines related to designing and/or building of spaces on different scales, and/or designing and/or manufacturing products,
- a foreign master or bachelor degree in disciplines related to designing and/or building of spaces on different scales, and/or designing and/or manufacturing products.
All applicants must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
For the full postgraduate certificate (30 ECTS) the registration fee is 3500 EUR (excl. VAT):
- Fixed component: 1250 EUR (excl. VAT)
- Variable component: 2250 EUR (excl. VAT)
A limited number of scholarships for (a part of) the variable component of the registration fee is available, based on your financial situation and portfolio. There is no scholarship for the fixed component, course & design materials, catering, travel and accommodation costs. For more information on the availability and conditions for the scholarship, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee needs to be paid before the start of the programme.
Catering costs during the sessions are not included in the registration fee. For the travel and accommodation (incl. meals) costs for the prospection week in Module A and the internship abroad of 4 weeks in Module B, participants need to take into account an (indicative) expense of: 900 EUR (excl. VAT) for the prospection week (Module A); and 1.100 EUR (excl. VAT) for the internship (Module B).
For this postgraduate certificate, financial support by means of the Flemish ‘KMO-portefeuille’ can be obtained (only for Flemish SMEs).
Classes will take place at:
- the faculty of Architecture and Arts of Hasselt University
(Agoralaan Building E, 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium)
The study load per ECTS is 27 hours, meaning that the programme has a study load of 810 hours (27 x 30 ECTS). The programme consists of weekly class sessions and workshop weeks, both with required attendance. In addition, an important part of the postgraduate is spent on self-study on predefined topics framed within specific assignments, and the dissemination of outcomes after the field study and the internship. Occasional excursions may be organized. The timing of these excursions is fixed in dialogue.
Participants who succeeded the entire programme are awarded an official postgraduate certificate ‘Building Beyond Borders’.
In case the participant does not hold a master degree, a certificate permanent education ‘Building Beyond Borders’ is awarded.
Please contact us for further information: email@example.com.
- Dr. Arch. Bart Janssens
- Dr. Ir. Elke Knapen
- Stefanie Commeene