For the full postgraduate certificate (30 ECTS) the registration fee is 3500 EUR (excl. VAT):
- Fixed component: 1250 EUR (excl. VAT)
- Variable component: 2250 EUR (excl. VAT)
A limited number of scholarships for (a part of) the variable component of the registration fee is available, based on your financial situation and portfolio. There is no scholarship for the fixed component, course & design materials, catering, travel and accommodation costs. For more information on the availability and conditions for the scholarship, please contact us: email@example.com
The registration fee needs to be paid before the start of the programme.
Catering costs during the sessions are not included in the registration fee. For the travel and accommodation (incl. meals) costs for the prospection week in Module A and the internship abroad of 4 weeks in Module B, participants need to take into account an (indicative) expense of: 900 EUR (excl. VAT) for the prospection week (Module A); and 1.100 EUR (excl. VAT) for the internship (Module B).
For this postgraduate certificate, financial support by means of the Flemish ‘KMO-portefeuille’ can be obtained (only for Flemish SMEs).
The deadline for ‘On-Time’ applications is July 5th. Candidates are welcome to apply after July 5th, however, the standard registration fees might be adjusted after this date. Late applicants should take contact to discuss the availability of places before submitting a ‘Post July 5th’ application.
Application and entry requirements
Each application is assessed on a case by case basis, which includes the candidate’s diploma, CV, portfolio, and personal motivation (all in English). In case of doubt, the performance on an interview is decisive on the applicant’s suitability.
Commonly accepted degrees are shown below. The list is not exhaustive and candidates are encouraged to contact us for advice about the suitability of degrees, qualifications, performances and/or experiences. The programme is primarily accessible to candidates holding:
- a Belgian master or bachelor degree in disciplines related to designing and/or building of spaces on different scales, and/or designing and/or manufacturing products,
- a foreign master or bachelor degree in disciplines related to designing and/or building of spaces on different scales, and/or designing and/or manufacturing products.
All applicants must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Yearly, the number of places is limited to 20 participants.
The online registration needs to be fully completed before the administration will make a decision about your admission. You always get a response about your admission.
When your are admitted to the postgraduate certificate Building Beyond Borders, you will receive an invoice to pay the registration fee before the start of the programme. The registration fee needs to be paid before the start of the programme.
You need the following information to register:
Identity: your contact information (name, date of birth, ...)
- Academic year: 2019-2020
- Programme: Postgraduate
- Postgraduate degree Building Beyond Borders
- Address: Enter your home address (domicile or official residence in your home country) exactly as it is shown on your passport or identity card.
- Higher education: Provide an overview of all programs (bachelor, master, ...) that you have followed (and obtained) that are relevant to this training.
- Specific training: Please mention any additional relevant education (not bachelor/master) here.
- Professional experience: Give your most recent work experience and / or work experience(s) that are relevant to the course that you are going to follow.
- Finances: How do you like to pay the registration fee: private or a company?
- Up/Download: Some documents need to be sent beforehand to the administration. Please upload these files here. (only .pdf, .doc or .jpg files)
- Copy of your diploma(s)
- Passport photograph
- Motivational letter
After the first step, you will get an log-in (e-mail & password). With these data you can consult, modify or complete your online application.
By submitting your online registration, you agree with the terms of UHasselt SEE.
For cancellations between admission and the start of the programme, an administrative fee amounting to 10% of the registration fee will be charged. The participant can only cancel or modify his/her registration by letter or e-mail. This cancellation needs to be addressed to the programme manager Elke Knapen (firstname.lastname@example.org or Hasselt University, Elke Knapen, Martelarenlaan 42, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium) and to be confirmed by this person.
For cancellations after the start of the programme, the full registration fee is due.