This two-day colloquium will bring together practitioners and scholarly experts in the areas of design, branding and marketing to share their knowledge and experiences with fellow academics and practitioners. Scholarly, conceptual, empirical and practitioner papers are welcomed, especially those that address the proposed colloquium themes.
Papers may address issues including, but not necessarily limited to:
- creativity, brand management, identity and co-creation
- collaborative fusion and / or co-design between marketers and designers, or designers and customers, or marketers and customers
- sensory aspects of design
- the creative process in retail and service marketing and design
- adding or creating value in marketing, retail and / or marketing communications
- interior and spatial design developments
- organizational identity and image in services and retail environments
- e-commerce and online marketing
- creativity and design for interaction
- co-creative processes
- experience marketing, experiential design and design innovations
- retail design innovation
- (visual) research methodology developments
- creative design practice-based research: implications for marketing, services, research and teaching
This interdisciplinary colloquium welcomes academic papers from researchers in any field of management, marketing and design studies, and also related areas of the humanities and social sciences. Doctoral students are particularly welcome. The colloquium organizers also extend an invitation for collaborative papers between academics, practitioners and policy makers.
Extended abstracts of 1000 words (with up to 6 keywords) and which may include images, will be subjected to a peer review process to be then published in the Colloquium proceedings.
Abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com in the following format:
- Microsoft Word document, Times New Roman 12 font, double-spaced, justified paragraphs.
- Margins: 1 inch top, bottom, and sides.
- Authors’ names and affiliation should be included on a separate page (i.e. title page)
- Any references should use APA referencing style
- Images may be included if relevant
The fee for the colloquium is € 450, including a welcome drink, lunches, coffee and tea breaks, and conference dinner.
Submission of Abstracts of abstracts extended!: Midnight 23rd July 2018 (CET)
Notification of acceptance: 14th September 2018
Registration opens: July 1, 2018
Colloquium: 5th - 7th December 2018
All accepted abstracts will be published in the Colloquium’s proceedings (with ISBN number). A selection of papers presented at the Colloquium will be invited to submit a full paper to be reviewed for publication in a special issue and/or an edited book.
Please submit all abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance when arriving in Hasselt.