News from/about the CMAT group
In the media
- On March 15th, 2021, Fred was present on VRT NWS!
- Listen to what Fred has to say about Corona (VRT NWS, June 22nd, 2020)
- Read about the first modelling week in UHasselt news! (Febr. 20th, 2020)
- Explaining the world through mathematics (InSCIght, June 6th, 2019)
- Een graadje meer laat heide kantelen (Bionieuws, May 4th, 2019)
- Met wiskunde kan je de hele wereld verklaren (nUweetjeHet, Nr. 1, 2019)
- Read about Platform Wiskunde Vlaanderen in UHasselt news! (Pi Day, 2019)
Special events, notable results
- PhD defense of Manuela Bastidas Olivares (06/05/2021), congratulations!
- Ginger Egberts received the "Certificate of Best Presentation Award" at the XV. International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedical Engineering, congratulations!
- PhD defense of Menel Rahrah (03/11/2020, Delft University of Technology), congratulations!
- Koondi Mitra's paper is listed now (Sept. 18, 2020) number two among "most read" papers published in the last 5 years in Studies in Applied Mathematics, congratulations!
- Manuela Bastidas co-authored a paper that is now (Sept. 17, 2020) among the eight "most popular" ones published in Advances in Water Resources, congratulations!
- The very first modelling week for bachelor-students has been ended. The students have worked hard in Oostduinkerke (09-14/02/2020). On Friday 14/02, 5pm, they have presented their results to a large audience (auditorium H3, campus Diepenbeek). Their interesting ideas and creative solutions were appreciated by the problem owners and by the public, congratulations to the students and the organisers!
- PhD defense of Koondanibha Mitra (26/09/2019, double degree with Eindhoven University of Technology, cum laude!), congratulations!
- The 3rd summer school organised by CMAT: Phase field modeling (24-26/06/2019)
- PhD defense of Alex Jaust (29/10/2018, double degree with RWTH Aachen), congratulations!
- PhD defense of Klaus Kaiser (07/09/2018, double degree with RWTH Aachen), congratulations!
- The 2nd summer school organised by CMAT: Hyperbolic conservation laws (25-27/06/2018)
- Manuela Bastidas received the "Best poster award" at Interpore 2018, congratulations!
- Compact course "Multiscale Methods for Multiphase Flow in Porous Media" (Hadi Hajibeygi, TU Delft, 4-5/12/2017)
- The 1st summer school organised by CMAT: Upscaling techniques for mathematical models involving multiple scales (26-29/06/2017)
- PhD defense of Stefan Karpinski (11/05/2017), congratulations!