On 29 January 2021, the 5 Flemish universities and Janssen Pharmaceutica jointly organize an online interactive career day with an exclusive focus on chemistry.
Grasp the opportunity to learn more about career perspectives and R&D activities at Janssen Pharmaceutica!
Career perspectives & networking opportunity:
- Obtain first-hand information about career perspectives and R&D activities with an exclusive focus on chemistry at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Beerse).
- Longer-term intent: building a community of contacts that leads to potential future collaboration (e.g. postdoc).
Present your research:
- A joint university-Janssen Pharmaceutica jury will select 50 participants from among all contributors coming from the 5 Flemish universities to showcase their research in a 3-minute pitch.
- Selected participants will receive tips and tricks on how to pitch their research.
All other participants can take part in the programme as outlined below.
|09:31||Opening speech -- R&D@Janssen Pharmaceutica (Pieter Peeters)|
|10:00||PhD & Postdoc Community (Eric Pelkmans, chair of the PhD & Postdoc Community)|
|10:15||Career Development – healthiest careers (Talent Acquisition)|
|10:30||“Discovery Chemistry@Janssen R&D, from Drug Design to Clinical Candidate” (Harrie Gijsen and early career testimonial)|
|11:15||“Transforming molecules to medicines: Chemical R&D in the Pharmaceutical Development of APIs” (Guido Verniest)|
|12:00||Lunch Break – Q&A with Talent Acquisition and PhD & Postdoc Community|
|13:00-15:30||2 rounds of 25 pitches|
|14:00-14:25||Break with Talent Fit workshop|
|15:35||Virtual Tour of Janssen Pharmaceutica|
|16:05||Proclamation of the pitch winners|
6 winners will be nominated and offered a meeting with a Janssen Senior Chemistry Lead in their field of expertise.
Ghent University, KU Leuven, VUB, University of Antwerp, Hasselt University & Janssen Pharmaceutica
- PhD students (> 1st year) and postdoctoral researchers from chemical domains with a direct link to the pharmaceutical industry: e.g. organic chemistry, process chemistry, fundamental chemistry, theoretical chemistry; pharmaceutical chemistry, medicinal chemistry, bioscience engineering chemistry, chemical engineering or related areas of chemistry relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Potential pitchers need to submit a 100-word non-confidential project description (see below). From all submitted entries (from all five universities), 50 project descriptions will be selected for pitching. The selected participants will be asked to give a 3-minute pitch at the career day.
- The career day will take place on January 29, 2021 - 9:30–16:15.
- The session will take place online. The necessary details will be provided timely.
- Registration has been closed.
- For potential pitchers, registration implies two steps:
- Submit a concise, 100-word non-confidential description of your research topic, by completing this template and sending it to email@example.com. Do not forget to have the description signed by your supervisor, so they are aware of your participation in the online interactive career day.
- Register through the registration link.
- Deadline for submission of the description is November 27, 2020.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you cannot make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- DS HLS: category 'transferable skills' - one compulsory elective course
- DS ST: category 'career & personal development' - workshop on career management