As a beginning doctoral student, it is not always easy to find your way through the abundance of scientific information. During this introductory course (1,5 hour) we want to teach you some practical trics and useful tools to effectively search, manage and use scientific information.
The following questions and topics will be dealt with:
- Which tools are available within Hasselt University to help you in your search for scientific information?
- How to access scientific information off campus (through VPN or EZproxy)?
- Which options do you have when Hasselt University has no access to the wanted information?
- How to manage references with bibliographic software (e.g. Mendeley)?
- Things you should know before you start to publish (cf. some rules of thumb, open access policy @UHasselt, UHasselt institutional repository, ORCID, predatory journals, etc.).
- The session is open to all PhD students but the target group is starting PhD students.
- The session will take place on March 25, 2019 - 11:00 – 12:30.
- UHasselt - campus Diepenbeek, building D, room B17.
- Registration is closed.
- DS ST: category Scientific & Generic communication - an info session about Literature Searching skills