During the last decades, the number of researchers from different disciplines performing
transcriptome analysis has increased dramatically. Despite the use of state-of-the-art highthroughput technologies for whole genome transcriptome profiling (e.g. next generation
sequencing or microarray), quantitative real-time PCR (qPCR) remains the gold standard for
targeted gene expression analysis due to its superior sensitivity, specificity, linear dynamic range of quantification and a high level of flexibility.
A qPCR experiment involves several steps ranging from experimental design, RNA extraction, assay design, data generation to data analysis. While the practical performance of a real-time PCR quantification experiment is relatively straightforward, it is important to identify critical steps that may impact the quality and robustness of the experiment. Moreover, many researchers experience a genuine need for more in-depth training of their experiment design and dataanalysis skills in order to generate biologically relevant and reliable results.
To accommodate these needs, Biogazelle offers a qPCR-focused course in which the fundamental and advanced principles of experiment design, sample and assay quality control and data analysis are covered.
- PhD students - 20 places available
- May 20 and 21, from 9:00 until 17:00
- Participation on both days is required. A sandwich lunch will be provided.
- UHasselt - campus Diepenbeek, building D, room A6.
- Please bring your laptop to this course. If you do not have a laptop, please contact Stefanie Kerkhofs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Registration is closed.
- As places are limited, registering does not automatically imply that you will be able to participate. You will be notified by e-mail in due time.
- Please cancel your registration at least one week in advance in case you can't make it (cf. cancellation & no-show policy).
- DS M&LS: category Scientfic skills - one compulsory elective technical/methods courses
- DS S&T: category Seminars & advanced courses - one advanced course