Logo UHasselt


International students

Incoming international students

International students

Logo UHasselt Universiteit Hasselt - Knowledge in action



programmes |  admission requirements |  application process |  tuition fee |  practical |  students |  graduated

What are the language requirements?

More information: http://www.uhasselt.be/Language-requirements 

For the Master of Management there are specific language requirements.


What are the admission requirements?

More information: http://www.uhasselt.be/Admission-requirements 


What is the learning account?

The learning account was introduced in 2008 - 2009. It means that at the beginning of each student's first registration, the student receives 140 ECTS credits.
Credits are used to register for programmes, and earned back at the end of the year for programme components which they have successfully completed.
Get more information on the website of the Flemish government.


Does an exchange student need to pass a IELTS/TOEFL?

No. However, for courses taught in English the student should have a sound grammatical basis, the pronunciation skills and vocabulary range to take part in social intercourse on a number of topics, and the competence to understand native speakers of English and to comprehend information provided in newspapers, magazines and textbooks. In other words the student should have the level of proficiency required for the Cambridge First Certificate (equivalent to a TOEFL score of 550).


I have a foreign diploma of secondary education. Can I be admitted to the bachelor programme?

Only students with a sufficient knowledge of the Dutch language shall be admitted to first-time enrolment for a programme with Dutch as the language of instruction. Therefore, a students knowledge of Dutch shall be assessed. The test can be taken by the university itself or by an institute of organization that has been recognized for this purpose by the university. If you have a foreign diploma of secondary education outside the European Union, the university will verify if your diploma is equivalent to the diploma secondary education in Flanders. There is no numerus clausus in Flemish higher education. However, there are entrance examinations for students who wish to take a degree in dentistry or medicine.
Also check the next webpage: http://www.uhasselt.be/Admission-requirements 


Do I need an APS certificate?

From the academic year 2007-2008 onwards all students from the P.R. China will have to obtain a certificate of academic screening issued by the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS) of the German Embassy in Beijing before being allowed to enroll at any higher education institution, language course or other preparatory course in Flanders. The APS certificate is also required for obtaining a student visa to Belgium. More information on APS can be found at their website www.aps.org.cn