Logo UHasselt


International students

Incoming international students

International students

Logo UHasselt Universiteit Hasselt - Knowledge in action


All residents in Belgium are required by law to be covered by a health insurance policy. Each student at UHasselt is responsible for taking out his own health insurance. Non-EEA-Students enrolled at UHasselt or tUL must register with a Belgian health insurance fund and obtain a comprehensive health insurance, for the duration of their studies at the UHasselt/tUL.

Hasselt University insists that all non-EEU students (EU-students are typically covered via their local insurance) enroll into the so-called SIP (Student Insurance Program) at www.sipinsurance.eu. The company name is MARSH.
After payment of the fee, you will receive a certificate, that you should then upload into your student file.
Please make sure you use the exact same name and surname as for your enrolment at Hasselt University or send it to marc.thoelen@uhasselt.be
If you have a personal health insurance equivalent to the SIP-insurance, please upload a certificate of this insurance into your student file or send it to marc.thoelen@uhasselt.be
For more info, please contact marc.thoelen@uhasselt.be