Since 1973 Hasselt University is located in Campus Diepenbeek and Campus Hasselt. Hasselt has a population of about 70,000 and is the administrative and commercial centre of the province.
- Brussels is 90 km to the south-west,
- Antwerp lies 90 km to the west,
- Liège (in the French-speaking part of Belgium) lies 45 km to the south,
- Maastricht (in the Netherlands) is located 25 km to the east
- Aachen (in Germany) is 60 km to the south-east.
For travel instructions on how to reach Hasselt University, Campus Hasselt, click here.