With the new SBO project PROCEED, funded by FWO, the IMO-IMOMEC research group wants to strengthen its perovskite research for solar cells and broaden the application field of the promising material towards other industries. Laurence Lutsen: “If we could find new applications beside solar cells for the material, this could boost the interest of industry to commercialize and further mature the material. We believe that perovskites are very promising materials for many light-emission and light-detection applications. In the new project, we will use our expertise on perovskite for its use in conversion, emission and detection of light.”
- Imec (Imec-Energyville in Genk & Imec-Imo-imomec in Diepenbeek) : Dr. Laurence Lutsen (Coordinator) and Dr. Tom Aernouts
- KULeuven : Prof. dr. Johan Hofkens
- UGent : Prof. dr. Zeger Hens
- UHasselt : Prof. dr. Dirk Vanderzande
- UAntwerpen : Prof. dr. Sara Bals
read the article about the project in imec magazine - October.