Tekmar HT coupled to Trace GC (dynamic and static headspace)
Perkin Elmer HS40XL coupled to DSQ mass spectrometer (static headspace)
Headspace GC/MS is an analytical technique which allows qualitative and quantitative determination of volatiles from solutions and solids after volatilization at a pre-set temperature and a time period (conditioning time).
Samples (liquids or solids) are introduced in a headspace vial, hermetically closed using a suitable septum. After conditioning at a selected temperature volatiles are transferred towards a GC/MS for separation, identification and quantification of released volatiles. Both static and dynamic (purge and trap) headspace analyses are accessible.
- Determination of TVOC of polymers in automotive
- Determination of rest solvents in packaging materials
- Study of off-odour problems
- Identification and quantification of volatiles during processing
- Identification and quantification of restmonomers in polymers, adhesives, rubbers, consumer products