We offer an extended NMR service to R&D institutes, companies and industries. Custom projects are generally quoted at a fixed price with an estimate of the timescale of measuring and reporting.
In most cases, the experiments are fairly well documented, either in procedures supplied by the customer or in the scientific literature. Alternatively, protocols can be designed jointly. Solid-state and Liquid-state NMR, relaxation measurements and MRI are particular specialties of the group.
Three 400 MHz and one 300 MHz Varian spectrometers
Liquid state NMR
modern 1D en 2D NMR techniques on almost all NMR sensitive nucleï (e.g. 1H, 2H, 13C, 15N,19F, 23Na, 27Al, 29Si, 31P …) to unravel the chemical structure and molecular dynamics of (in)organic an dpolymer materials.
Solutions, gels, suspensions.
Metabolomics (determination of early disease markers via metabolite patterns in order to develop modern, multi-marker based, biosensors).
- quantitative determination of the structure and purity of chemical compounds including polymers (regioregularity, stereoregularity or tacticity…)
- study of chemical reactions as a function of time, temperature, pH, …
- determination of molecular dynamics (via nanometer scale relaxation times; relaxometry)
- analysis of chemical exchange processes (dynamical NMR)
- determination of molecular interactions (molecular association, H-bonding…)
Solid state NMR
MAS (Magic Angle Spinning) spectroscopy and relaxometry for common nuclei.
CP/MAS (Cross Polarization) spectroscopy and relaxometry for common nuclei.
Wide-line NMR spectroscopy for common nuclei (e.g. 1H, 2H, 13C…).
CRAMPS or high-spinning speed spectroscopy (for proton NMR in the solid state).
- determination of the molecular structure of (in)organic and polymer materials
- determination of the molecular miscibility of polymer blends (phase separation)
- determination of molecular interactions (association, H-bonding…)
- determination of the molecular chain dynamics (relaxation decay times; relaxometry)
- quantitative determination of the amount of crystallinity
NMR imaging (MRI)
High resolution imaging (20x20 µm in-plane resolution) of polymer and (bio)medical materials.
In-vivo (coil diameter of 4 cm) and in-vitro analysis
- study of the morphology and changes herein of polymer and (bio)medical materials (concentration and relaxation/diffusion weighted imaging)
- study of the kinetics of solvent migration in polymer materials.
- determination of solvent induced stress in polymer materials (crystallization, crazing, cracking…).
- study of the behavior of materials under mechanical stress.
- study of heterogeneities induced by material processing (e.g. extrusion, moulding…)