Before starting an application, check whether you meet the conditions of admission.
CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION
The Admission Board will consider all applications individually. The standard requirements set by Hasselt University are applicable to all applicants of the Master of Transportation Sciences.
All applicants should hold at least a university degree or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a (academic) bachelor’s degree.
If you have a professional bachelor’s degree, you will have to do a link programme of max. 45 ECTS. The link programme is available for Dutch-speaking students only.
Sufficient knowledge of English is required and is to be certified by one of the below mentioned tests. Native speakers or holders of a degree, obtained in the English language are exempt from these tests:
- a TOEFL-score report (paper based: score 550 or more, computer based: score 213 or more, internet base: score 79-80). For more information about the TOEFL, go to www.toefl.org. Students who take in the test are required to indicate institution code 9005, so that the results are transmitted to Hasselt University directly. Note that we only accept academic TOEFL or IELTS-test results.
- IELTS-certificate (min. overall band score 6.0). For more information, go to www.ielts.org. On the day of the test, Hasselt University can be selected as the institution to which the test result should be sent, with reference to the contact person of the programme for which you wish to apply. Note that we only accept academic TOEFL or IELTS-test results.
- For citizens of China: APS certificate.
Candidates with a Belgian, Dutch or German diploma of higher academic education do not have to take an English language test.
Note that a letter of motivation is compulsory in the application file. Apart from previously obtained degrees and grades and the level of English proficiency, the motivation for choosing to study the master of transportation sciences is also taken into consideration by the exam board when deciding on whether or not an applicant can be admitted to the programme.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
The application deadline is 1st May for non-EEA citizens and 1st September for EEA citizens.
STEP 1: complete the online pre-registration: https://uhintra03.uhasselt.be/webregistratie. Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
- page STUDY PROGRAMME: choose the academic year, select "master's programme", choose for "English taught programme", select the study programme with your specialisation of choice (either "Master of Transportation Sciences: Transport Policy and Planning", or "Master of Transportation Sciences: Traffic Safety (new from 19-20) (incl ICP)" and select a contract type ("contract for a full degree programme" if you wish to obtain a master degree)
- page LEARNING ACCOUNT: if you have not yet obtained a degree in Belgium, the balance of your learning account is 140
- page SUCCESS RATE: if you weren't enrolled at Hasselt University in the previous year, skip this page and proceed to the next page of the application form
STEP 2: send hard copies of your application by post:
- printout of the Hasselt University online application form
- legalised/certified hard copies of degree certificates and academic transcripts.
You can ask your university to issue a new set of original transcripts or you can ask the university who originally issued the documents to make a certified copy of your diploma/transcript/diploma supplement. They stamp the copy, thereby attesting that it is a true copy of the original document.
Photocopies (even in colour) or digital versions of certified copies cannot be accepted!
- the diploma and its transcripts must also be translated by a sworn translator into either Dutch, French, German or English, if they were drafted up in any other language
to this address:
attn. Ms. Leen Jorissen
IMPORTANT: YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS BOTH STEPS 1 AND 2 ARE DONE!
If you have any questions related to the administrative side of the application procedure, send an email to: email@example.com
STEP 3: When your online application is complete (step 1) and we have received the hard copies sent by mail (step 2), your file will be evaluated by the Admission Board of the Master of Transportation Sciences. Applicants will automatically be notified of the decision by email.
STEP 4: If you are admitted you will receive further instructions about payment of tuition fee, finalising your enrolment when you are on campus, etc.