OBFS 2019 MEETING SUPPORT AWARDS
It is with great pleasure that we announce the availability of a limited number of Meeting Support Awards to attend the 2019 Organization of Biological Field Stations Annual Meeting at the Centre for Environmental Sciences, Hasselt University on Sept 9th to 13th, 2019 in Brussels, Belgium. This year, the Meeting Support Awards application (International and Early Career/Student) is combined. Please review the requirements and deadlines below to apply for this award.
- Letter of interest from Director of station,
- Justification of need, (Please designate which award you are applying for)
- Link to station’s webpage or information,
- Membership in good standing of OBFS.
Receipt of applications will take place from May 15th, 2019 through July 1st, 2019. Decisions will be announced directly to the applicants by July 15th, 2019.
Rules and Regulations:
- Maximum of $2,250 USD per application,
- A total of 4 awards will be given,
- 2 awards will be given to international field stations or stations with limited resources, **
- 2 awards will be given to student/early career applicants, **
- To qualify for the student/early career awards you must be enrolled as a student or within 7 years since your graduate degree,
- Only one award per applying institution,
- Previous recipients of meeting awards (travel grants) will be considered but priority will be given to new applicants,
- Stations with limited resources will be considered but priority will be given to international field stations,
- These awards are provided on a reimbursement basis only (i.e., no funds will be provided ahead of expenses).
- Allowable expenses include Economy airfare to the meeting location, normal travel expenses (visas, meals, in-route lodging, car rental) and registration and workshop fee,
- Legible scanned receipts will be required for reimbursement of allowed expenses,
- Membership fees are not reimbursable or allowed as part of the meeting awards.
** If the minimum of 2 applications for the international field stations or if the minimum of 2 applications for the student/early career applicants has not been fulfilled then the selection committee reserves the right to adjust the distribution of awards.
To join OBFS visit https://www.obfs.org/join-obfs.
Please send applications with subject line [OBFS 2019 Travel Award] to:
Dr. Venetia Lyles, Director, Savannah River Environmental Sciences Field Station
David Maneli, Associate Director, Gault Nature Reserve, McGill University