ACCOMMODATION ADDRESS GPS
Coordinates: Latitude 50.96545 Longitude 5.69452
Field Research Centre (FRC) - Zetellaan 52, 3630 Maasmechelen (Belgium)
Coordinates: Latitude 51.0000457 Longitude 5.7042895
TRAVEL TIP: there is a website https://www.rome2rio.com/ that could help you to plan your itinerary from A-B, including planes, trains, busses, etc.
- If you are coming straight from an international airport, the easiest way is of course Brussels International Airport (Zaventem, Belgium).
- Paris de Gaule (France) international airport, from there you can take the TGV to Brussels (1,5 hours - see below) or rent a car (3 hours to FRC - see also below).
- Amsterdam (the Netherlands), from there you can take the TGV to Brussels or Antwerp (1,5 hours - see below) or rent a car (3 hours to FRC - see also below).
- Frankfurt, London, Dusseldorf and a bunch of others are all options….
TRANSPORT to HOME FABIOLA
- CAR RENTAL (you can compare prices via rentalcars.com) Renting a car directly at the AIRPORTS is the easiest. If you fly out of Europe via another airport, it is easy to drop your rental car there in that airport.
- Airport taxi - is possible. We can even assist here, but you should budget about 80-90 Euros for a one-way trip.
Traveling by train is easy and cheap in Belgium, especially if you decide to share a “ticket”. There are different formulas, but a RAIL PASS is not personal; costs 77 Euro with 10 trips on it. You can travel with anybody to any railway station in Belgium and have to use the pass within one year after purchase. To give an example if you are 5 people traveling to the nearest station to the FRC, you pay retour about 18 Euro!
There is a train station in the Brussels Airport! Take care you will have to pay an extra 5 Euro DIABOLO contribution (kind of surtax). You can pay this separate.
Via the same website, you can also book an ‘INTERRAIL’ ticket. This kind of ticket allows you to travel through Europe (with different combinations) by train.
IN BRUSSELS there are three bigger railway stations! You can take the train from any of them towards GENK or HASSELT (take care there is also the city of GENT, DO NOT TAKE that, because it brings you to a different direction!!). From there you have to take a bus, taxi or we can maybe arrange a shuttle. For the latter, fill in this form.
For more information on hours, combinations and prices: https://www.belgiantrain.be/en/
From the railway station GENK you can take a BUS, which leaves every 30 min. to Maasmechelen, BUS 45. It will take approx. 35 minutes. You have to get off at stop 'Maasmechelen Fabiolasquare'
From the railway station of HASSELT, you also take BUS 45. It will take you between 50 min. and 1 hour. ou have to get off at stop 'Maasmechelen Fabiolasquare'
From the airport you can also take the bus to our place. We would however not really recommend that.
For more information on hours, combinations and prices:
Please fill in this form, so we can see whether we can arrange shuttles from Genk station, if more people arrive at the same time.
From bus station Fabiolasquare to Home Fabiola