FWO PHD FELLOWSHIPS FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH & STRATEGIC BASIC RESEARCH: CALL 2019 + SUPPORT PROGRAM 4 feb 2019
FWO has launched a call for the renewed FWO PhD fellowships fundamental research and strategic basic research. The submission deadline is March 1, 2019 (5 PM). More information on these grants can be found on the FWO website:
- Call PhD fellowship fundamental research (aspirant fundamenteel onderzoek)
- Call PhD fellowship strategic basic research (aspirant strategisch basisonderzoek)
Extra support for applicants?
The UHasselt Research coordination office offers applicants:
1. A session on personal statement writing and grant writing
The first part of this session offers applicants helpful tips and advice for drafting a compelling personal statement. The second part of the info session reviews the fundamentals of grant writing applied to the FWO project template outline.
- Monday 11 February 2019 (10:00-11:00)
- Room A103: PhD fellowships strategic basic research
- Room A104: PhD fellowships fundamental research
2. A workshop on how to make your personal statement stand out
Tips and tricks on personal statement writing shared during the info session are put into practice during this workshop. By participating in different exercises candidates will learn the do's and don'ts of writing a personal statement.
- Monday 18 February 2019:
09:30-11:30: workshop for PhD fellowships strategic basic research
13:00-15:00: workshop for PhD fellowships fundamental research
- Meeting room "groene zaal" (campus Hasselt)
Both sessions are free of charge but registration is mandatory. If you wish to participate we kindly ask you to register via the following links:
- External participants
- Students UHasselt via their student file
Deadline for registration is 6 February 2019.
3. A presentation skills course to prepare for the expert panels
The UHasselt doctoral schools offer a one-day presentation skills course to applicants to prepare them for their oral jury defense. It is a hands-on training which offers participants the opportunity to practice their pitch, receive feedback and tips, and improve their powerpoint presentation. More information will be made available to candidates that are invited for an interview by the FWO.
PhD fellowships fundamental research: contact nele.nivelle@uhasselt.
PhD fellowships strategic basic research: contact annelies.stockmans@