Hyperion workshop: "Getting Ready for Horizon Europe" 18 feb 2020
Hyperion workshop: "Getting Ready for Horizon Europe"
This year the last calls under Horizon 2020 will be launched, after which the new Horizon Europe framework programme will start in 2021. This programme is now in full development and will be finalized in the spring of 2020 so that the first calls can be launched at the end of 2020. To prepare in time for the new programme, the research coordination department has invited dr. Sean McCarthy, authority in EU funding and policy, to give the workshop "Getting Ready for Horizon Europe". This half-day workshop has been designed to help professors and support staff to develop strategies to participate in the Horizon Europe programme.
When & where?
Due to the covid-19 pandemic we decided to postpone the Hyperion workshop to the fall (September/ October). The exact date is to be determined.
The workshop is free of charge, but please register in advance using this link.
Content of Workshop
Module 1: From Horizon 2020 to Horizon Europe
- Proposed Structure of Horizon Europe
- Evolution of Structure from Horizon 2020 to Horizon Europe
- What's New in Horizon Europe?
- How to identify the most appropriate funding programmes
Module 2: What is your Strategy for Horizon Europe
- Horizon Europe Funding Landscape
- Funding Opportunities for Universities
- Funding Opportunities for Research Centres
- Funding Opportunities for Companies
Module 3: Missions
- Background to the Missions
- Missions Proposed for Horizon Europe
- Portfolios of Projects
Module 4: EIC (European Innovation Council)
- Background to the EIC
- EIC Pathfinder, EIC Accelerator, EIT
- Scaling-up, Disruptive and Enabling Technologies
Module 5: European Partnerships
- Background to European Partnerships
- Co-Programmed European Partnerships
- Co-Funded European Partnerships
- Institutional European Partnerships
Module 6: Horizon Europe Synergies with other EU Programmes
- Background to Synergies Initiative
- Types of Synergies with other EU Programmes
- Blended Financing
- Public Procurement
- Examples of Synergies with ERDF, ESF, ERASMUS, LIFE...
Module 7: Research Support Services
- Key Issues to be Monitored in 2020
- How to Support Research groups develop a 'European Research Strategy' for Horizon Europe
- Proposal Intelligence for Horizon Europe (Who wrote the topic?)