Nierstraat & Campuspark
UHasselt rents (with an annual contract) 20 single studios in the Nierstraat 8 and 5 studios in Campuspark for a temporary stay of international research scientists and guests. The management of these rooms/studios is carried out by department Research Coordination - Internationalization & Development Cooperation (DOC/DIOS in Dutch).
The offer concerns furnished studios. In addition to a desk, bed, bookcase and wardrobe, the studios are also equipped with an individual bathroom ( toilet, shower, washbasin) and a kitchenette (cooker, cooker hood, microwave, refrigerator). The rental price amounts to € 122.50 weekly (week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday).
- Keys and linen can be picked up during business hours at the student desk in Diepenbeek.
- If you arrive during the weekend, at night or at a challenging moment, there are various options for welcoming guests:
○ The faculty takes care of the welcoming and reception itself.
○ Guests can spend the night in the YUP hotel or Hostel H.
○ Guests can travel on their own to the Nierstraat/Campuspark (e.g. by airport taxi) and find keys in a secure key safe on the spot. The code for this will then be forwarded to the guest in advance.
Inbound research scientists who don’t stay in the studios of the Nierstraat/Campuspark and stay only for a short period of time (< 3 months), can borrow a household kit for free.
Research scientists and personnel who stay for a longer period of time (>3 months) or on a permanent basis ought to look for possibilities of accommodation via the private market. In Flanders, this is often done through real estate offices. But in practice, real estate agencies favour the presence of potential tenants (e.g. for viewing, signing a contract) rather than contracting remotely.