Countries and regions suffering from armed conflicts, civil wars, terrorism, domestic political disturbances, epidemics, are considered as high-risk areas.
Professors, (PhD) students, administrative and technical personnel travel in accordance with the procedure(s) set by the university.
It will be checked whether the destination is on the list of high-risk countries. In this list use is made of:
- advices of FPS Foreign Affairs (https://diplomatie.belgium.be/en)
- information by insurance agencies (list Aviabel)
- travel advice from public authorities Foreign Affairs abroad
- own assessment
- Submitting application
- Determining the degree of essence
- Determining the degree of risk