Logo UHasselt


Uitgaande onderzoekers en personeel


Uitgaande onderzoekers  en personeel

Logo UHasselt Universiteit Hasselt - Knowledge in action


Within Europe

The only requirement for the student is to be in possession of an identity card when crossing borders within the European Union. This is made possible by the free movement of persons within the EU member states and the EFTA countries.

Outside Europe

For work stays outside Europe, you need in almost every case a visa.

A visa is a document which allows you to travel and to stay in a certain country. The visa is issued by the embassy or the consulate of the country of destination; or at the border. The visa is very often issued in the passport.

A couple of conditions are bonded to receiving a visa. Please check what the conditions are, and make sure that all documents are available at the time ofapplication. For more information: www.diplomatie.belgium.be.