The UHasselt BOF doctoral fund and the ULiege Joint PhD programme provide funding for PhD fellowships in the framework of the cooperation between University of Liège and Hasselt University. Both universities provide funding to cofinance 2 doctoral fellowships in close collaboration leading to a joint doctoral degree (2 separate certificates).
The fellowships have an initial duration of two years and are renewable for a second period of two years after a positive evaluation at the end of the second year. This evaluation will be based upon the progress report, produced by the candidate, for the doctoral committee and the doctoral committee's advice.
This programme will provide funding for PhDs in specific domains per call.
Two fields are chosen every year within which applications can be submitted.
- 2018: Engineering & “STEM”/ Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (including informatics)
- 2019: interdisciplinary (intersectoral) interfaculty PhD projects.
The candidate will be appointed at both universities for 50% during the duration of the entire PhD.
- This programme is open to applicants (without restriction to gender, nationality or age) who want to prepare their PhD in collaboration with University of Liege, in the domains of Engineering & “STEM”/ Mathematics, Informatics, Sciences & Technology.
- The applications must be submitted by the PhD-candidate with an UHasselt supervisor who can act as PhD supervisor cf. section 9 of the UHasselt doctoral regulations and a ULiege PhD supervisor.
Proposals are submitted on the application form by the prospective doctoral student together with a promoter associated with Hasselt University, who can act as promoter (cf. section 9 of the UHasselt doctoral regulations) and a promoter associated with the University of Liège (ULg). Applications must be submitted simultaneously to Hasselt University (BOF@uhasselt.be) and ULiege (ARD@uliege.be). Both promoters must attach their CV to the application.
- 1 March – 5 pm
- May - June: discussion in the Research Councils of Hasselt University and ULiege
- July announcement of selection