The cross-border region Flanders - The Netherlands contains on the Flemish side Antwerp, Limburg, East-Flanders, Flemish-Brabant (only the Leuven district) and West-Flanders (excluding the districts of Veurne and Ieper). On the Dutch side, the area is formed by the provinces of Limburg, North-Brabant and Zeeland.
For the new programme period 2014 - 2020, this region has chosen 4 themes accompanied by 9 different specific objectives:
- Strengthening research, technological development and innovation
- Support for more energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Protection of the environment and promotion of resource efficiency
- Promotion of employment and supporting labour mobility
|Innovation||- 1A: Stimulating industrial research and experimental research by expanding the research infrastructure and the cooperation between knowledge institutions
- 1B: Valorisation of knowledge and innovation through industrial research and experimental development, by cooperation between companies themselves and between companies and knowledge and education institutions
|Energy||- 2A: Promoting energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy in companies, by demonstrating the possibilities of the application of innovate measures and techniques
- 2B: Promoting energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy in the public infrastructure and the housing sector, by demonstrating the possibilities of the application of innovate measures and techniques
- 2C: Innovating low carbon products / services / applications / processes through industrial research and experimental development, by cooperation between companies themselves and by companies with R&D centres and knowledge institutions, and by early implementation of innovative low carbon technologies
|Environment||- 3A: Protecting and restoring biodiversity, soil protection and restoring and promoting ecosystem services, by a joint approach to environmental issues in this cross-border region which is economically intensively used
- 3B: Innovating products / services / applications / processes for the improvement of environmental protection and resource efficiency through industrial research and experimental development, by cooperation between companies themselves and by companies with R&D centres and knowledge institutions
- 3C: Promoting resource efficiency within the (industrial) sector by stimulating the adjustment of production processes
|Labour market||- 4: Improving the match between supply and demand on the labour market in the cross-border region, in order to make better use of the employment potential|
Through this second call for projects, the programme wishes to allocate about 20% (27,5 million Euro) of the total available funds. Broken down per theme, the following budget is envisaged:
- Innovation: 9,5 million ERDF
- Energy: 5 million ERDF
- Environment: 10 million ERDF
- Labour market: 3 million ERDF
The Oversight Committee can deviate from the planned maximum budget for the call, as well as from above distribution.
You can submit projects within each theme of the programme. However, the Oversight Committee pays special attention - within the margins of the outlined budget per theme above - to:
- Projects that fit specifically with objectives 2A, 3B, 3C or 4;
- Projects with a positive impact on the programme indicators of the above mentioned specific objectives;
- Projects aimed at the (sustainable) logistics, agrofood and / or nano and / or micro electronics sectors.
The second call for the new programme was launched on 4 June 2015. The last day for submitting applications is 2 October 2015.
The application procedure takes place in two phases. During the first phase you will submit a limited project outline (deadline 2 October 2015). On the basis of this limited application, the first preselection will take place. The selected projects are then invited to submit a full application file after which the final selection takes place and the approval can follow.
The submission of project proposals takes place via the e-desk. More information regarding the specific call can be found in the Interreg Flanders - The Netherlands call document.
Contact Hasselt University: Annelies Stockmans
Contact Limburg Province Interreg cross-border region Flanders - The Netherlands: Matthias Verhegge (email@example.com)
Or on the website of Cross-border region Flanders - The Netherlands