In the framework of the workshop, all oral and poster presenters have the opportunity to contribute to a Special Issue on "Fundamentals and Applications of Diamond and Nanocarbons" (working title) that will be published in physica status solidi (a).
- Recent Advances in Diamond Science and Technology (Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2018 - SBDD XXIII)
- Recent Advances in Diamond Science and Technology (Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2017 - SBDD XXII)
- Recent Advances in Diamond Science and Technology (Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2016 - SBDD XXI)
- 20 Years of Science for Diamond (Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2015 - SBDD XX)
- Recent Advances on Diamond Surfaces and Devices (Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2014 - SBDD XIX)
- Fundamentals and Applications of Diamond and Nanocarbons (Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2013 - SBDD XVIII)
- Fundamentals and Applications of Diamond (Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2012 - SBDD XVII)
- Fundamentals and Applications of CVD Diamond (Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2011 - SBDD XVI)
- Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2010 - SBDD XV
- Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2009 - SBDD XIV
- Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2008 - SBDD XIII
- Hasselt Diamond Workshop 2007 - SBDD XII
- Surface and Bulk Defects in CVD Diamond Films, XI - SBDD 2006
- Surface and Bulk Defects in CVD Diamond Films, X - SBDD 2005
- Surface and Bulk Defects in CVD Diamond Films, IX - SBDD 2004
- Surface and Bulk Defects in CVD Diamond Films, VIII - SBDD 2003
- Surface and Bulk Defects in CVD Diamond Films, VII - SBDD 2002
- Surface and Bulk Defects in CVD Diamond Films, VI - SBDD 2001
- Surface and Bulk Defects in CVD Diamond Films, V - SBDD 2000
- Surface and Bulk Defects in CVD Diamond Films, IV - SBDD 1999
Please note the following information:
- Deadline for submission of manuscripts: March 31, 2019
- Oral as well as poster presenters are encouraged to submit a manuscript.
- To guarantee publication in physica status solidi (a) all papers will undergo a double peer-review by two independent referees.
All manuscripts need to be prepared using the templates of physica status solidi!
All manuscripts must be submitted online using the dedicated Editorial Manager website of physica status solidi (a). http://www.editorialmanager.com/pssa-journal.
Submit your manuscript in the "Diamond Science and Technology - SBDD XXIV" section that can be chosen from the drop-down menu on the "Please Select Section/Category" tab!
Manuscript - Instructions for authors (also available here)
Manuscript preparation guidelines and templates
- Download Word document template and preparation guidelines
- Download LaTeX style files and preparation guidelines
- Manuscripts must be written in English. See the FAQ on English language usage for details on pss' policy and More tools and resources for language improvement services.
- Original Papers in pss (a) have no length limit (typical: six to eight pages in print or in the template).
- Accepted articles for pss (a) undergo full typesetting during production. We strongly recommend using the template to gain an accurate length estimate and maximum control over the design.
- Please prepare your manuscript exclusively as one single Word (DOC or DOCX), RTF, PDF or PS file (e.g. generated from LaTeX). You need to embed all figures and tables within this file. You may also upload LaTeX source files and separate figures (optional for Word, required for LaTeX submissions).
- Please include about four keywords in your manuscript. They should be comprehensive, reflect the essence and major aspects of the work, and be as precise as possible. Avoid expressions which are not generally known by the physics community, especially abbreviations.
- Fonts: Please use Times New Roman, Times, Arial or Symbol fonts as much as possible. Some fonts (e.g. Asian or Russian characters) may cause problems and should be avoided.
- Quantities and equations: In the text as well as in equations, figures or tables, physical quantities should be given in italic, vectors in bold italic, units in upright letters. Tabulated functions should be given in upright letters.
- Figures should preferably be submitted in full colour, but should also be easily readable on a black/white printout. They will generally be published in colour in the online version of an article at no cost. The print version in the journal (except personal reprints) will be black/white unless colour figures are purchased using the colour print authorization on the Reprint Order Form. Lettering/symbols should be large and clear enough in the final figure size. All labels must be legible (size 8pt preferred, 6pt minimum also for subscripts or superscripts). Draw a closed axes frame in diagrams. For numbers, use a decimal point instead of a comma. An 'eye-catching' abstract figure may be included in the manuscript. Suggestions for attractive cover pictures are very welcome.
- Please cite your own as well as other pss articles using the standard abbreviation Phys. Status Solidi followed by the capitalised series letter A, B, C, or RRL (without brackets). Ensure that all references in the bibliography are correct and complete (You can check them at CrossRef), and adhere to the standard INSPEC international journal abbreviation rules and the pss bibliography style.